October 6, 2008, Challenge Newsline #2 - Several governors, chief state school officers, and state education policy leaders have also issued proclamations, resolutions, and advisories in support of service-learning and the National Learn & Serve Challenge, including:
- Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano
- California State Superintendent of Public Instruction Jack O’Connell
- Colorado Governor Bill Ritter
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal
- Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley
- Maryland State Superintendent of Public Instruction Nancy Grasmick
- New Jersey Governor Jon Corizine
- New York Governor David Paterson
- Pennsylvania General Assembly, Senate
- Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen
- Virginia Superintendent of Public Instruction Billy K. Cannady, Jr.
- Washington Governor Chris Gregoire
- Wisconsin State Superintendent of Public Instruction Elizabeth Burmaster
View the available proclamations and resolutions by visiting the website of the State Education Agency K-12 Service-Learning Network (SEANet), a founding partner of the National Learn & Serve Challenge.