State Farm Foundation to Fund Special Financial Literacy Program to Address Problem
Challenge Newsline #4, October 7, 2008 - During a time when university administrators say they lose more students to credit card debt than to academic failure, financial experts say young people must be given more opportunities to learn and develop good financial habits.
The State Farm Companies Foundation, in partnership with The National Service-Learning Partnership at the Academy for Educational Development, will provide State Farm Good Decision™ Credit Awareness Initiative grant awards of $12,500 to the following school districts and community-based organizations.
- The LEAGUE – Austin, TX
- Austin Area Urban League – Austin, TX
- Chicago Public Schools –Chicago, IL
- FrontRange Earth Force – Denver, CO
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools – Miami, FL
- The LEAGUE – Indianapolis, IN
- Oasis Center – Nashville, TN
- Institute for Global Education and Service-Learning – Philadelphia, PA
- YMCA of Greater Tulsa – Tulsa, OK
Read the full news release.