March 25, 2009

Senator Hatch is Great

I am just sitting here watching Senator Hatch talk about the Serve America Act and I have never been more excited about the Senator from my home state. As Senator Hatch just said, "Service makes this country better and I am going to get as many of my colleagues as possible to support this bill." He is trying to get all 100 Senators to vote for the Serve America Act. WOW!!

The good Senator even talked about the importance of educating young people for democracy.

It is amazing to see the support and validation of all of the work that every one of us do everyday. I am not much of a policy nerd (unlike others who write in this space), but this is pretty exciting to watch. We really are going to get this piece of legislation passed -- it will be a new day for national service and service learning!

No comments: