National Service-Learning Partnership presents
Gear Up for Service-Learning Success: The National Learn & Serve Challenge
As part of the National Learn & Serve Challenge, the National Service-Learning Partnership and the National Youth Leadership Council invite you to participate in a series of webinars:
1) An Introduction to Service-Learning: The National Standards for High Quality Service-Learning
2) Understanding the Service-Learning Cycle
3) The Value of Self- Assessment for Quality and Sustainable Service-Learning
This series is intended to provide an in depth look at how organizations might begin or possibly improve upon existing service-learning programming. Throughout all three of these webinars we will explore how a new and exciting online professional development network known as the Generator School Network (GSN) a for educators working in service-learning can help educators on their journey to improve the quality of their learning practices. While each webinar is intended to build upon the previous, feel free to join any one or all sessions.
1) To join these webinars visit www.readytalk.com on the following dates and times:
Oct. 28th at 11:00 am CST Intro to Service-Learning
Nov. 12th at 11:00 am CST The Service-Learning Cycle
Dec. 3rd at 11:00 am CST Self-Assessment and the GSN Resources
Join us by logging onto www.readytalk.com and typing “8991249” as the access code under “Join a Meeting.” You will be asked to provide your name and e-mail address to register. The audio portion is done through a conference call line; join the audio by dialing 866-740-1260 and using the same participant passcode: 8991249.
We look forward to talking with you further on Wednesday! For any questions or concerns, contact Michael VanKeulen, Director at the National Youth Leadership Council via email or at 651-999-7378.
Hope you will be able to join us!
Remember to Accept the Challenge. Let us know you're committed to engaging youth and college students in service-learning activities this school year. Accept the Challenge here!
The Learn & Serve Challenge is a signature event of the National Service-Learning Partnership in collaboration with the Corporation for National and Community Service. It is made possible with support from State Farm® Companies Foundation.
The Challenge is supported by nearly 100 local, state, and national organizations committed to engaging in service-learning in our nation's schools, college campuses, and communities.
Lead Organizing Partners include:
* American Association of Community Colleges
* American Association of State Colleges and Universities
* America's Promise Alliance
* Campus Compact
* Learn and Serve America's National Service-Learning Clearinghouse
* National Alliance for Faith and Justice
* National Community Education Association
* National Education Association
* National Youth Leadership Council
* National Parent Teacher Association
* SEANet - the State Education Agency K-12 Service-Learning Network
* Usher's New Look Foundation
* Youth Service America
For more information, visit the Challenge website or call (202) 884-8982.