Budgets for service-learning professional development keep getting smaller for organizations and school districts across the country while the need for high quality training continues.
What are schools and organizations to do?
Professional Development Trade Secrets: Exploring the Service-Learning Trainer’s Toolkit
May 3 & 4, 2010 in Atlantic City, NJ
The Institute for Global Education & Service Learning (IGESL) will host a training of service learning trainers featuring the Service Learning Trainer's Toolkit!
The Service-Learning Trainer’s Toolkit -- a compilation of activities, tools, and research created by and for youth and adult trainers from across the country. Based in the K-12 Service-Learning Standards for Quality Practice, the Trainer's Toolkit will enable adults and youth with service learning experience to train others in their schools and community. This great new resource from the Institute for Global Education & Service Learning is Earth friendly - you print only the resources you need! The toolkit includes templates for reusable materials and customizable tools that can be easily adapted to a variety of settings ranging from one-hour workshops on a particular standard to multiple-day Service-Learning 101 trainings. Over 40 activities provided include support materials such as card templates, worksheets, and videos as well as diverse K-12 and community-based project examples to assist you in teaching others about the standards and the IPARD process. Visit www.igesl.org for more information and to order!
Opportunities to explore and use activities from the Service-Learning Trainer's Toolkit with feedback from national trainers will be provided at this exciting and engaging 2 day event co-hosted by the NJ Southern Regional Center for Service Learning and Learn & Serve NJ.
Training will provide you with
• Introduction to brain based concepts that promote optimal learning in youth and adults
• Ideas for creating interactive, engaging service-learning professional development
• Resources for building a standards-based service-learning training or workshop
• Service Learning Trainer’s Toolkit
• Two days of interactive, hands-on “Train the Trainer” sessions
• One-on-one technical assistance from national professional development providers
• The opportunity to be part of a learning community with others in the field who provide professional development
• Breakfast & Lunch both days
Cost to Attend
$450/adult (Discounted $50/additional adult(s) from the same organization)
Carnegie Library Center of Richard Stockton College
35 South Dr. MLK Jr. Boulevard
Atlantic City, NJ
Courtyard by Marriott
1212 Pacific Avenue
Atlantic City, NJ
Guaranteed room rate: $80/night/room plus tax
For Room Block is under “IGESL” and will close April 19, 2010.
What people are saying about this training & the Toolkit:
- “What a great resource this is. I have been doing service learning training for a dozen years and it is so nice to find wonderful and engaging new things to do and new ways to do it!” Susan Abravanel, Vice President of Education, Youth Service America
- “IGESL provides high quality training in truly engaging ways! State Farm Northeast Zone has relied on their expertise to train our grants team and we consult their expertise regularly.” Sue Sampson, State Farm Northeast Zone Public Affairs
- “This is the best service-learning training resource that is out there!” Shira Cohen, Dean of School & Community Programs, New Foundations Charter School
- “The activities provided practical information which could be used during training in our schools, in our classrooms, and in our communities.” Karen Cook, Teacher/Service Learning Coordinator, Valdosta High School
For more information about the Service-Learning Trainer’s Toolkit or to REGISTER for this event, visit www.igesl.org, call 215.945.8118 or email email@example.com.